Monday, September 29, 2014

Week 23: simple shenanigans, swimming, smooshing, shmoozing, smiling, and sweating!

Here's week 23! This is September 14 (Happy birthday, Dad!)
I loved this outfit, but it was a bit too small. :) The tank is adorable, but will be better with a smaller tummy. The skirt is one of my favorites, but in order to wear skirts from pre-pregnancy, I have to use a be-band, so it takes adjustment every time you stand up. It was a hassle. But it was dang cute!!

This week, I experienced Braxton Hicks for the first time this pregnancy. I think last time, I had it a lot more than I realized. This one was crazy where the tension didn't hurt, but the fact that movement was so prohibited did hurt. 
Running is an issue this week. I MUST eat before I do anything most days so that made my start time later, and then I would get running and have to book it to a bathroom, because things are on fire within, right at one mile... and then if I keep going, it was windy, so I'd cramp from struggling with the wind… 
It was really tough! I didn't like it. AND I had a 10k that next saturday! 
I don't think I've mentioned this by the way, I HAVE felt him kick. First time was really early. Like week 16? By week 23, I'm feeling him all the time!

After Mommy had her picture taken, C wanted his as well. So cute.

He's going to kill me for this…
After C had his taken, he demanded that Daddy get his taken.
My hubby is sexy ;)
 Chillin in baby brother's basket while mommy gets ready

this video was so cute! He was just playing around and did this. When I pulled out my phone, he thankfully did it again. So adorable. I love the pure happiness and entertainment. Pure and Simple.

C likes our shoes. He really really likes my heels. First jewelry, now heels. This boy… :)

Over the past few nights, C would wake up at 2 and just want us to stay there. We figured he must be a little scared of the dark. We got him a turquoise version of this night light. It instantly helped. Are we totally transitioned? No (that's an answer from week 25… the journey is long…)

Sometimes after naps, he just asks to go outside. On this day, he sat in the sand boxes for the whole time. I love it.

That day, (monday) we went to J's parents' place to swim in their neighborhood pool again. It was a little chilly, but it was a good last hurrah.
C likes to snuggle when he's cold and wet apparently. So sweet.

Reading to Pooh and his friends.

And then smooshing your face behind a door… whatever works...

First time really getting and wanting to play peek a boo while also saying "Boo"

This is an apple! Can you see it? :) Best drawing yet!

Reaching out to hold Gigi's hand. :)

This is the face he makes when he's mooching… He wanted my graham cracker cereal. Darn adorable mooch!

I thought this one was funny. Becky posted about 100 pictures to FB and wanted to tag me to the album, so it notified me for EVERY SINGLE PICTURE. hahahaha It was funny. A little annoying, yes, but funny. :)

Chase is pretty much this boy's favorite pastime. And it's great for us, because it wears him out before sleeping!

So I'm the Personal Progress leader, right?
Guess what??
I've finished reading the Book of Mormon all the way through! That means that I only had one more experience left and I'd be done!!! Hoorah!! (By the way, Moroni Chapter 10 is amazing. Not just the promise, but the whole chapter.)

On Friday, we took Tami and Gigi to an expo with us. It's where I would pick up my packet for my 10K the next day and then there are tons of vendors there trying to sell stuff, give stuff away, get your business, etc. We enjoyed it! The kids did sometimes, but it was cool!

Eating bananas

Waiting outside for Daddy after work.
I LOVE this picture. A REAL smile and it looks so sweet and cute! Bah! 
Can't stand it!! ("Caaaan't"said like on Singin in the Rain)

Admiring my two boys. ;)
C was trying to get Lolo's attention. he could hear him playing in the back yard and wanted to say hi. 
 In this picture, he's contemplating crawling under the fence.

Saturday Morning was our 10K! I went with J's sister, Kristin. Neither of us expected great results, since our running had gone south since the color run. But we were there, we wanted that medal at the end, and we were willing to sacrifice our "good time" to get there! The most either of us had done was a 5K and we didn't run the entire thing. We like run/walking. 
(I've decided there's NO shame in that and I'm running laps around those on the couch!)

So here we are bright and early at 8 (I got up at 6:20 to get eating and get the fire within taken care of and then it takes 30 minutes to get there and then riding the bus took another 15). 
(I also went to bed at 12:30. yeah. Good choices, people… :) )
 The run was tough. It was longer than we've ever done, so it was all new. I LOVED the path, though. We saw some pretty sights as the sun rose over the trees. We ran through neighborhoods, the greenbelt, by the Boise River, and then joined up with the 5K in the streets of downtown.

We had a pace of about 15 minutes per mile. My best is 11, but my norm is 15. So the fact that we had the normal pace when we were expecting much worse is awesome!

About halfway through, we discovered that the balls of our feet felt like pins and needles. Anyone know why that is? Just the newness of it? Bad shoes?

But we did it!! We got to the end, ran the final little stretch, the guy read our names as we crossed the finish line, and we got medals!!
I'm so proud of myself!! 23 weeks and ran a 10k!!


When we sat down for our second breakfast, J texted and asked what we were doing next and we sent this picture saying we were going to stuff our faces. Kristin's stuffing face is much better than mine… hahahahaha
The rest of the day, J went on a motorcycle ride with Brady and Amanda while I slept. Oh, it was a LOVELY nap.

Then J's dad and Kristin came over and we made fried green tomatoes and did BLT's with them. 
So. Very. Good!!! 
Another Our Best Bites recipe


And this was C that afternoon reading a book on the couch. I love it so much. I love that I've created a bookworm!!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Ahhhh I don't think I could ever do a 5k, let alone one while I was pregnant! Good job; I'm so glad you guys kept at it and finished. Super cool.