Saturday, September 13, 2014

Week 13

Sunday, I had to cut this boy's crazy hair, so I didn't get a picture that day. :)

We learned from this time that he is NOT ok with hair on his back.
In order to just finish as soon as possible, we didn't wipe him off. Next time, we kept him as hair-less as possible.

Monday was a band concert at the park.
I've loved being in band. It's been hard to give up 3 hours every Monday for 11 months of the year, but I certainly loved it. With this baby coming, 2014 was my last season. Pretty sure I've been doing band there for 3 years.
I had to send this picture to Ty on his mission. He's the biggest band nerd I know of!

 Found a picture of the finished blanket! haha 
It was very pretty. I wish I could've seen her face when she opened it. 
I love making baby blankets.

Belly picture for 13 week! (Taken July 1)
Only crummy feelings are very small and easily move on when I eat something. I did notice more naps taking place...
 ^photo bombed.
C wanted a picture, too. So cute.

 Sitting in a little basket while I showered

He wanted to hold his baby like a real baby, so I put it in his arms and asked if it was a boy or a girl. 
He said "gu gu." So then I asked if mommy's baby is a boy or girl and he said "gu gu." I got so excited! You never know what kids really do know!!!
That night, J asked him if he was a boy or girl and he said "gu gu." 
Dang.

This was the most INSANE trip to the grocery store I had ever been to. Holy Moly! It was July 1, so that makes sense, I guess... The lines for checkout were crazy long and everyone was kinda moody about moving aside so you could get bread. I had to abandon my cart, run over, get bread, and run back… haha

4th of July was a lovely day.
We started it by going to my Ward's breakfast. We always do a pancake breakfast. J's parents like church breakfasts, so they came along and we went to a parade.


J was in a small ensemble for band in the parade, so the grandparents sat with me and the boy. It was a cute, quaint parade. :)

We had a PERFECT spot in the shade (but it was at the end of the parade) and so a bunch of other people with kids came over there. These seats go in a wagon and belonged to some of our insta-friends from the parade. Pretty cool.

Waving at the people on horses, I think.

There's Daddy up on the back of the huge flatbed!

Walking to the park to meet up with Daddy and see the antique cars and booths.


Petting Clyde the Camel

He got overheated, so we sat in some shade (hooray for western weather where shade does make a difference!)
 We went to Taco Bell for lunch (so very American), C took a nap, we made burgers for dinner, and then did some fireworks at home. It was our first time buying fireworks! Woo!

C liked stomping on the poppers

Since sunset is at about 9:30, we did a few fireworks for C to see and then did the rest after Gma and Gpa left to watch someone else set off huge ones. :)
I love our country. Every place has issues, but I am thankful for where I live!

Saturday, we brought C over to Gma and Gpa's place and left on the motorcycle!

We drove out to Idaho City. 
It was about 1 1/2 hours to get there. My bum hurt quite a bit, but it was fun!

My cute boy

We got there and had TONS of issues finding a place to eat, but finally found something yummy and cute. Idaho City is an old Mining Town. It has quite a lot of cool stories. We wandered around for a little while, ate lunch, and drove back home.

No comments: