Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Rest of Week 19

Week 19 started in Arkansas, so I'm finishing it up with the other pictures I have.

I felt rather cute in my apron with my belly. Hard to tell, but that's ok. :)

C likes lining things up. that's a cluster of Winnie the Pooh characters, a line of wooden dinosaurs, and a very straight line of dice.

Thursday night, I was invited to a girls' night of painting nails, smoothies, and chick flicks.
We watched/sang along to Grease while we painted nails. Amanda was nice enough to paint my toes for me, since reaching was kind of exhausting just getting the polish off!

Tami made yummy smoothies and we had some salty popcorn.

The girls
Me, Kelsey (and her son), Tami, and Amanda

Our lovely toes!
It was a lovely night and a great escape from life!

Friday, I was able to pick up my packet for the Color Run. Usually when you go to pick up a packet for a race, they have vendors there and stuff, so you get free stuff, learn new things, try yummy foods and stuff, so Becky and I went together!

Our boys loved the bounce house. Holy Moly!
C would run a little and then "fall" which he thought was hilarious. I thought it was pretty funny, too since he was falling on purpose. :) 


  
Saturday was race day!!
We got together Tuesday and made these awesome bows and had been training basically all summer for this 5K!
I think all of us were worried about being the slowest one!

Becky, Tami, Kristin, Me, and LeAnne

Sadly, we were in the LAST wave to start. People were finishing when we finally got to the starting line. Ugh. But it gave us time to stretch, since we spent a long time trying to find each other!

Clean running shoes (aren't running shoes cute and colorful? man!)

 Throughout the race, I was the shameless one who was willing to ask for walking when anyone was flagging. :) We had our normal pace, so I'm pretty satisfied!
Periodically throughout the race, there were color stations where they would take what looked like ketchup bottles filled with colored corn starch and throw it at you. 

This is us after the race.

We're pretty cute
 You know how every picture you see of the Color Run has a really really messy person in it? You don't really get that from just running. At the end, you are given a packet of color. Then you go into a mosh-pit kind of place and throw it around. THAT's where all the color comes from!

I'm so proud of our Running Riots! And I'm excited to see what we do next year!


After the color run was C and my birthday party in the early afternoon. (see previous post)
Then nap time, then Daddy was working on his motorcycle while Mommy tried on borrowed maternity clothes. 
C got his finger jammed in the door to the garage (you know, the fire-door thingy that is really heavy? Poor kid)
And then I pretty much zonked the rest of the day… Not sure what else happened then… lol

But here are two of my cute boys!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Ahhh, the color run looked so fun! Maybe I'll sign up for one sometime... but that would require running ;). Love all the pictures!